300,000JPY (About 3,000USD) and Prizes
How to play and win
- Choose 10 different tricks in total from the trick list, the first 5 for Round-1, the rest of 5 for Round-2. You will get the points corresponding to the trick's level. The maximum score for each attempt is 50, the total is 100.
- Round-1: Try 5 tricks in 180 seconds. Use ONE kendama.
- Round-2: Try other 5 tricks in 180 seconds. Use ONE kendama, but you can change to another one.
- Top 16 players go to the Final Stage, and additional 4 players will be granted wild cards for the Final.
IN CASE OF A TIE / DRAW
If two or more players are equal score, their rankings will be determined by the SQUARE basis of the Final Stage.
- Go up to the stage, try different tricks from the list as many as possible in 180 seconds.
- Points are the SQUARE of the trick's level.
You will get 100pts from level-10 tricks, 81pts from level-9s, 64pt from level-8s, 49pts from level-7s, and so on.
- Final Stage is not a tournament, competing by the total point you got.
- Use ONE kendama throughout the performance.
- Bring a CD with your favorite song longer than 3 minutes for your stage, if you want.
- You can use any regular-sized kendama (ken is not taller than 17 cm / 6.7 inches), enjoy playing with your favorite kendama. Put the Kendama World Cup sticker after "Dama-Check".
- Keep kendamas in excellent condition to avoid any trouble during the play.
- There are no judging points at the balance tricks whether you keep ken and tama stable completely. Go proceed the next part at your style.
- Ken and tama must not touch your hand or clothes while doing balance tricks.
- Don't change or move the kendama's string position by your other hand during the play.
- There are no limits on how many or which direction of turns or flips you do, unless otherwise specified.